Monday, March 9, 2015

Best and Healthiest Banana Oatmeal Cookie



About a year ago I saw a recipe by Ambitious Kitchen for Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie. The recipe was ridiculously easy to make and healthy. The best combination you can find.

The second time I made the cookies, I used 3 bananas instead of 2 and I found it was not only more moist but it tasted better. I also liked the texture of the oats, so I didn't blend it. I have only added in raisins and that was, as expected, great. Watch what you may choose to add, since some might not be in keeping with journey to healthy and fit.

Here's my take on the recipe:

Ingredients
3 large, mashed banana
2 cups oats
1/2 cup of raisins (optional)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix mashed bananas with the oats.
Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet
Bake for about 9-12 minutes, until slightly golden brown around the edges

If you like, instead of calling them cookies, rename them breakfast bars. They are prefect for a quick, on the go breakfast or snack. And of course, a great dessert.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...