Tuesday, February 17, 2015

How Often Should You Weigh Yourself?




Research has shown that dieters who weigh themselves daily lost the most weight and kept it off longer. Everyone is unique so do what works best for you. But I find that stepping on the scale daily helps me to stay on track. I am fully cognizant that my weight fluctuates daily so I don't get too stressed with small gains, but I love the small decreases. So now I record my weight whenever there is any small decimal decrease (yes, I'm paying attention to the decimals). Why wait for 7 days to see success!

Stepping on the scale daily will also give you some insights into how YOUR body reacts to your diet and exercise on the previous day(s).

Get more information here from The Guardian.

Most of us start a diet on Monday and therefore weigh ourselves every Monday to gauge success. The Guardian article also points out that, "we usually weigh the most by Sunday and Monday and then, over the course of the week, our weight generally decreases." If you find daily weighing is too much for you, then try weighing weekly on Fridays.

Another tip is to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you empty your bladder and bowel; and without clothes and shoes.

Image courtesy of hyena reality at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...